F r i d a y , M a y 1 2 t h , 2 0 1 7
As promised, I have a shoe-related gold guide for you all today! Towards the end of the semester my friends and I were, of course, chatting about life post grad. One thing that came up in a few conversations were flats. Until now, I didn’t realize how many of my friends were tolerating flats that rip apart their heels for occasions like job interviews or presentations! Being a shoe addict, I have owned a fair share of flats that tore apart my feet. However, over the years, I have found a few pairs of flats that have been great, even during the break in period! I figured that flats would be a helpful blog post topic, especially as recent grads go out into the work force! Even if you don’t wear flats for work, reluctantly reaching for an uncomfortable pair of flats whenever the occasion arises is unnecessary, don’t torture yourselves ladies! Below I have my six favorite pairs listed. They are in no particular order, and have a wide range of price points!
1) Tory Burch Minnie Ballet Flat: First up, we have my go-to flats. Although the Tory Burch Minnie’s are pretty pricey, you can really shop around and find them on sale! I bought mine from Poshmark, but have also seen great prices on these from eBay! My exact pair is the tumbled cognac color, which is not currently available on the Tory Burch site, but the Light Oak is similar! These have never given me blisters; the leather is buttery soft and they are oh so comfy! The color and style also matches everything, making them the perfect pair of flats.
2) Steve Madden Feather: Can you tell I get a ton of wear out of these? They are getting a bit beat up in the front, but that’s just because I gravitate to them so often! I bought these on a whim and am so glad I did, they required ZERO break in time, have completely contoured to my feet and have never scraped my heels or caused blisters, even with the pointed toe.
3) Pyramid Stud Flats: These flats are the PERFECT Valentino dupes. They have creased a bit in the toe and I needed to size up a half size (I am usually a 6.5 and sized up to a 7), but again have never hurt my feet! I wore these around the city for NYFW, which I think is what really exasperated the creases, however they got me all around the city without a single blister! A range of colors and sizes are available too, I personally love these and these as well!
4) Sole Society Kailista Flats: Unfortunately these are no longer available, but I listed the name in case they are available on Poshmark or eBay! However, these leopard heels are so spunky and comfortably, I just had to include them! Sole Society currently has a similar pair available here.
5) Halogen Olsen Point Toe Flat: These are another great Valentino dupe! They are a bit creased, but are so so comfy and the nude patent leather matches anything and everything.
6) Minnie Contrast Ballet Flat: Another version of the Minnie Travel flat features the Tory Burch logo in gold. I will say these aren’t as comfortable as the first pair of Tory Burch flat’s, but I think it is because the leather is a bit more stiff and they don’t have the elastic back! They still have never given me blisters or anything, and I think they just have a longer break in time. However, they are perfect for the workplace! I also think that the gold elevates them a bit and makes they appear more formal.
I really hope this was helpful for you all! With jobs and career opportunities on the horizon, a few good pairs of flats are essential!
Do you have any flats you’d add to this list?! I’d love to hear about your go-to pairs!
x o .
SHOP THE POST [show_shopthepost_widget id=”2670854″]