M o n d a y , D e c e m b e r 4 t h , 2 0 1 7
Before I jump right in to today’s post, I wanted to give you guys a bit of background on my skin! Back in middle school my skin was a little rocky; I had acne, but saw a dermatologist who prescribed me a topical cream and put me on a pill to get rid of it (I really wish I could remember what the name of the pill of the topical cream was, but honestly I was so young I can’t recall!). I was super regimented with my skin during those years, but once I started high school I didn’t have a set routine. I’d go to sleep with makeup more frequently than I care to admit, skip using moisturizer, etc. A
Although I had fairly good skin in high school (I was an early bloomer and SO grateful for having that phase out of the way), I am, unfortunately, a picker. Like, if there is so much as a small zit brewing, I am on it, digging and destroying my skin until I am guaranteed to have a scab. I still scrutinize my face and can’t leave a blemish in peace, but one thing that has changed is having a steady skincare routine! This really didn’t come about until halfway through college, when I first heard about Tula. After reading about how Tula utilizes probiotics to help balance your skin, I knew I wanted to give it a try. I ordered the Day and Night Cream and Purifying Cleanser. I will be honest, at first I noticed a huge difference, my skin was bright, even and glowing! But after a short while, I fell out of the routine, as I didn’t think it was giving me the same results as I initially experienced. My skin was dry in my t-zone and neutral elsewhere, with some red areas that I wanted to even out. Without Tula, I noticed these symptoms arising again, so I tried it out again and FINALLY stuck with it.
I have now been using Tula for three years and will never go back. I still like to try new skin products, but will never stray from Tula’s Cleanser and Day and Night Cream. Without further ado, here’s my current skincare routine!
1) First I wash my face with my Clarisonic and Tula’s Cleanser. I seriously do not know what I would do without this cleanser, it works wonder sand I really do notice a difference in my skin’s texture after use!
2) Once out of the shower, I pat my face dry and make sure all of my makeup is removed. I then apply Tula’s illuminating serum or deep wrinkle defense serum. Normally I just alternate between the two at random!
3) This step is new to me! I recently got a sample size of a new Tula product in the mail. Since the air is getting cooler and my skin is becoming more dry, I’ve been moisturizing with the Kefir Pressed Serum at night.
4) The next morning I then use the Tula Hydrating Cream. I usually put it on about ten minutes before I do my makeup, just so it has time to set in before I start layering my skin with other products!
5) There are two additional things I do weekly. On Sunday nights, I use my PMD to thoroughly exfoliate my skin. Getting rid of that “dead” layer helps Tula‘s products to really penetrate and work wonders on your skin! The second thing I do almost weekly is a facial mask. I alternate between this one, this one, and this one.
My readers can use code “ALEXA15VIP” for 15% off any Tula order! I do want to note that this post is sponsored; however I have invested my own money into many of these products myself, and really stand behind this amazing company!
x o .
SHOP THE POST [show_shopthepost_widget id=”2937485″]